What can I do now?
St. Andrew's has established a fund to support St. Andrew's Hurricane Harvey Ministry.
You may give online by clicking the above Give Now button.
If giving by check, please make check out to St. Andrew's and note Hurricane Harvey in the memo line; mail to:
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church
917 Lamar Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76102
Saint Andrew’s is committed to offering the care and compassion of Christ to the individuals and families of South Texas who have been affected by this traumatic disaster. We are partnering with our Bishop, other parishes in our diocese, and other dioceses and parishes across the affected areas in South Texas to target and efficiently deliver relief to the most needy recipients. We are collecting money, food, clothes, baby supplies, school supplies, and cleaning items for those who have been displaced to Fort Worth and for delivery those who experienced the hurricane’s destruction and flooding in Houston and the South Texas Gulf Coast.
The public schools and the pre-School/day care at Trinity are not open at present, and preliminary plans are to re-open on October 16th, subject to health and safety permits being in place. With that in mind, Denis Ward is putting together a “trip” to Port A on October 10, 11, & 12. Goals are:
- Deliver startup School supplies which we buy during week of October 2. I need volunteers to go shopping ! We will get a list in hand with specifics next week.
- When we get to the school, we can help get organized and unpacked. Might need some last minute cleaning ? I am hoping some of you ladies will want to do this! Do we have a parishioner in the T-shirt business??
- Many, many homes still need “tear out”, clean up, and debris removal. So, room for as many folks as possible to get down there.
- Equipment: You should wear shoes/boots with no exposed toes (obvious reasons), work gloves, N95 masks(we provide), hammers, pry bars. Optional items to use might be lawn mowers, weed eaters, chain saws, etc.
- Attached is a Volunteer release the city needs to keep track of volunteers. Please fill it out and return to Dennis Ward if you plan to go. FYI, the flow of volunteers into the area has fallen off dramatically and there is still lots and lots of work needed.
Intercede in prayer for the people of Houston, South Texas, and indeed the entire Gulf Coast and for those who are assisting.
817 313-3132 St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church 917 Lamar Street Fort Worth, TX 76102 | 817-332-3191